Look beyond high-stakes testing to learn about different ways of assessing the full range of student ability -- social, emotional, and academic achievement.
- When students translate the concepts they're learning into visual representations, it reveals much about how deeply they understand the material.436
- This quick visual guide can help teachers ensure that their daily lessons align with their learning goals and assessments.950
- Teachers can tweak popular strategies to assess students’ prior knowledge in order to encourage critical thinking at the same time.350
- Finding out what your students are really learning remains indispensable to teaching. Here’s what teachers are doing to check for understanding online.12.5k
- Getting content to stick can actually be fun if you use a quick and energetic activity to review the material.476
- Work that emphasizes students’ developing skills instead of a graded product reminds them to see learning as their goal.11.1k
- Though they have the potential to excel in many fields, we’re neglecting a large body of students with a unique set of skills.14.2k