Learn what trauma-informed education is, its benefits, and how to get started on a classroom or school-wide level.
- While teachers are not social workers, just saying the right things to a student suffering from trauma can make a big difference.1.2k
- The phrase “trauma informed” is everywhere, but what does it mean to bring that lens to school settings? Get started with a basic definition.
- Teachers can rebuild connections and create an educational environment in which they support students and each other.1.8k
- Students can develop the core competencies of social and emotional learning with the support of strong relationships with teachers.1.1k
- Data shows that Black youth are especially prone to develop mental health issues but less likely to seek out or receive the specialized services and care they need.1.3k
- Being mindful of the many difficulties the youngest students may be experiencing is one way teachers can help them weather the pandemic.514